The full schedule of events for Summer Live – a free, three day festival hosted by the City of Vancouver on July 8, 9 and 10, 2011 to celebrate Vancouver’s 125th anniversary – is now available.
View the full list of Summer Live artists and activities.
Over 180 performances and activities are included in Summer Live, which features Mother Mother, Daniel Wesley, The New Pornographers, Neko Case, Dan Mangan, Dr. L. Subramaniam, the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra conducted by Bramwell Tovey and Spirit of the West.
New additions to the program include:
• A diverse mix of music by Beat Nation Live, Silk Road and Jou Tou, Veda Hille, Aidan Knight, Birds of Paradox, Zapato Negro and Saint-Pierre.
• Coast Salish canoe races in Coal Harbour, Slahal games, storyteller Henry Charles and dance groups Children of Takaya, Musqueam Warriors and Welh Tima Kexwusem.
• Kite-making, boat-building, and juggling workshops in the KidZone and Asian synth pop/art duo Guimauves, Fresh Groove Productions’ youth dance groups and the Dusty Flower Pot Cabaret on the family stage.
• eatART’s Mondo Spider and Titanaboa giant robotic creatures, Tangible Interaction Company’s sensory experiences and giant Jenga and Twister board games from Public Dreams.
• Family sports activities: drop-in mini-soccer, youth volleyball tournament, tennis, badminton and croquet, and BC Lions kicking and throwing clinics.
• The Coiled River – environmental art created from invasive plant species; Speak the Unseen – a participatory mural; and an origami heron pathway by Joseph Wu and Naomi Singer.
Activities run daily from noon to 11pm at Brockton Point in Stanley Park. A free shuttle bus from Waterfront Station runs from 11am to 11pm each day, and a free, secure bicycle compound will be available for cyclists.
Cycle, walk or bus for easy access to the Summer Live festival site at Stanley Park’s Brockton Point. Read more >