Two major events in honour of Vancouver’s 125th anniversary are planned for the spring and summer. Birthday Live will celebrate the city’s 125th birthday on April 6, 2011 with a free party at Jack Poole Plaza. Summer Live will showcase Vancouver’s vibrant arts scene through a free, multi-stage celebration in Stanley Park on July 8, 9, 10, 2011.
Cultural Events, Community Celebrations & Civic Initiatives
In addition to the Birthday Live and Summer Live events, Vancouver 125 is proud to support the work of dozens of cultural organizations who will present events, exhibitions, festivals and other artistic projects throughout the anniversary year.
Download an overview of year-long Vancouver 125 Community Event Highlights Be sure to check the Vancouver 125 website for updates on times, locations and event details throughout the year.
Vancouver 125 also includes civic initiatives that bring opportunities to explore Vancouver’s history, diversity and innovative cultural scene in neighbourhoods across the city.
- Public Art and Murals
- Remarkable Women: Honouring Women From Our Vancouver Communities
- Digital Stories From Our Vancouver Communities
- Aboriginal and Immigrant Communities – Building Shared Visions and Partnerships
- Viva Vancouver
- Discovery Day! Explore 125 Years of Mountain View Cemetery
- Vancouver 125 Poetry Conference
- Vancouver Archives: Digitizing Yaletown Productions
- Vancouver Archives: Digitizing Major Matthews’ Early Vancouver
Browse the Events Listings section for full details on the vast array of activities planned throughout the year.